Thursday, August 26, 2010

Mid Card-Jackie Gayda




At the Wizard Chicago Comic-Con this past weekend I had a much fulfilled time than I did at last years. While I had a ball the first day with my friends meeting Kevin Nash and getting Widow's Peaked by Lisa Marie Varon (Victoria) of Comic Con 09, the rest of that weekend was kinda lackluster.

One of the highlights to last years con was also meeting Jackie Gayda-Haas, former WWE Diva and TNA Knockout and wife of former WWE superstar Charlie Haas. At first I didn't recognize her because she has darker hair now and a more slender frame, but I knew she had to be a wrestler or model or something, I did know that she looked hot. So I went over to her booth and she was extremely nice.

This year after going around to the other booths, I saw that she was there again. She spoke and was very warm again. She claim she remembered me from last year ( maybe?). I talked to her and former TNA interviewer Christine Louman (didnt remember her) for about 8-10 minutes. They both were nice and pretty women. Christine even asked to check out my portfolio. Jackie then sold me (I know) one of her portraits and autographed it for only $10 (average going rate for the wrestlers was about $25) and asked me to draw the picture.

I came back with it the next day, she was shocked I finished it so fast (took me all night) but really seemed to enjoy it. She gave me a hug (nice!) and took a pic with me and the drawing with her phone and with my camera (for free). She was very sweet, it could be that she's one of the few Divas that have kids, so it makes her maternal instincts kick in or she's just genuinely nice and appreciates the opportunity to meet fans. Ironically when I found out she was going to be at comic con again I was going to draw her with Charlie anyways, but this worked out fine.

Even though she doesn't wrestle anymore she gets a A for being a doll, especially when some of the other "celebs" were being pretentious and off in their own little worlds (at an autograph signing), you know who you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment